The Vermont Agency of Transportation in conjunction with A.L. St. Onge Contractor Inc. (St. Onge) will be replacing Bridge #24 on VT Route 118 in Enosburgh approximately 3 miles from the intersection of VT Route 118 & VT Route 105.
St. Onge has begin the installation of a temporary bridge structure and will continue with building the approaches to the temporary structure for the week beginning April 19, 2021. Motorist should expect a lane closure with traffic control until the anticipated date of April 29, 2021, when traffic will then be detoured over the temporary bridge. The anticipated completion is October 2021.
- Continue stabilization of the ground (driving pile) in preparation of building the new bridge abutments
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, May 3, 2021:
- Continue demolition of the old bridge. Motorists should be aware of truck traffic in/out of the work zone.
Today, April 27, 2021 motorists will be detoured onto the newly installed temporary bridge on VT Route 118. This detour is expected to open to all motorists at 3:00 p.m. and will remain in effect during the construction of the new bridge.
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, April 26, 2021:
- Continue building the approaches to the temporary bridge
- The temporary bridge is anticipated to open to motorists
- Begin demolition of the old bridge
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, April 19, 2021:
Monday through Friday:
- Construction continues on the installation of the temporary bridge.
Motorists can expect a lane closure with traffic control to be present to assist in construction vehicles traveling in/out of the site locations.