Provide for the safe and efficient movement of people and goods.
A safe, reliable and multimodal transportation system that promotes Vermont’s quality of life and economic wellbeing.
Strategic Goals and Agency-wide Objectives
Goal 1: Provide a safe and resilient transportation system that supports the Vermont economy.
- Reduce the number of major crashes
- No unplanned road closures or restrictions due to conditions within VTrans’ control
- Increase the resilience of the transportation network to floods and other extreme weather and events.
Goal 2: Preserve, maintain and operate the transportation system in a cost effective and environmentally responsible manner.
- Maintain pavement, structures and other transportation system assets in a state of good repair
- Implement an Asset Management System and integrate it with Planning and Programming
- Minimize the environmental impacts of the transportation system.
Goal 3: Provide Vermonters energy efficient, travel options.
- Minimize traveler delay
- Increase use of walking, biking, transit, rail, and Travel Demand Management options
- Increase use of state and municipal Park & Ride system
Goal 4: Cultivate and continually pursue innovation, excellence and quality customer service.
- Information given to customers is accurate and comprehensive
- Staff are competent, fair, polite and sympathetic to customers’ needs
- Staff deliver the outcome as promised and manage any problems
Goal 5: Develop a workforce to meet the strategic needs of the Agency.
- Recruit excellent, qualified and diverse employees.
- Retain and develop excellent and diverse employees
- Implement succession planning