New Information for Defensive Driving
The State of Vermont’s Risk Management Section has “gone live” with PMA Safety Trainings; therefore, Defensive Driving is no longer available through FirstNet (The State Online University). Instructions for PMA’s Defensive Driver Training, as well as other available on-line trainings are available through: http://humanresources.vermont.gov/training/online
The following PMA Defensive Driver Training is recommended for VTrans personnel:
Defensive Driving - Why Do We Drive the Way We Do? - Online & VOD
This program is designed to help you conduct a training session to ensure that employees recognize that they are professional drivers and need to operate vehicles with professional attitudes and professional defensive-driving skills. Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to do these things:
· Recognize that they are professional drivers.
· Make driving decisions from a professional point of view.
· Identify the driving risks they take and the rewards they expect to get by taking those risks.
· Understand that unsafe driving can result from both action and inaction.
· Recognize the conscious and unconscious risks they take.
· Avoid accidents by using defensive-driving skills.