GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING OVERLAY 1 & OVERLAY 2
- Each lettered box in the right and left margins of Page 1 of the report form corresponds to a similarly lettered box located on either Overlay 1 or Overlay 2. For example, Box A in the left margin of Page 1 corresponds with Box A “Crash Type” located on Overlay 1. Boxes P1 and P2 in the right margin correspond to Box P “Contributing Circumstances - Driver” on Overlay 2.
- Enter only one code number from the overlay boxes into each of the margin boxes.
- Overlay 1, “Environmental and Roadway Conditions” applies only to the unshaded boxes on Page 1.
- Overlay 2, “Additional Operator Information” applies only to the shaded boxes on Page 1.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING OVERLAY #1
(Data relating to unshaded boxes should be collected for all crashes.)
- Report all data relative to Overlay #1, "Environmental and Roadway Conditions."
- Data should be collected for Sections A - N for all crashes, at a minimum.
- Enter numeric characters into unshaded, lettered boxes located on crash form margins.
! A. Crash Type
- Property Damage Only
! Follow arrow to unshaded Box A on top left margin
! Enter (one) numeric character 1, 2 or 3: