Funding for Commercial Driver Training

On a continuous basis, we offer funding to eligible WOMEN and MINORITY MALES to help with the cost of CDL classes through the following state-approved Commercial Driver Training Schools:

For Commercial Driver Training School contact information, click here.

If you enjoy driving, have a current Vermont Driver's license, are at least 18 years old, and this is a skill you would like to learn, please contact Beth Meyer-Ehrich. You can also download a CDL Funding Application now! The process is simple and fast. 

The class includes:

  • Classroom Instruction focused on air brakes and general knowledge. This usually includes video instruction and written material to prepare for the written knowledge test which results in receipt of a CDL permit;

  • Required Physical Exam and Mandatory Drug Screening;

  • Hands-On Driving time to prepare for the road test; and

  • CDL License Exam

    • Pre-Trip Vehicle (identify 56 components)

    • Alley Docking

    • Road Test

To find out more about the Deparment of Motor Vehicle (DMV) requirements for the Commercial Drivers Licenses, please visit their website. To download the DMV Commercial Driver's Manual,  click  here.


Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) also has non-degree grant funding for CDL training. Visit their website to learn more.


For more information contact:
Beth Meyer-Ehrich
Civil Rights Program Manager
Tel: (802) 828-2715  Fax:(802) 828-1047