The Vermont Better Roads Program provides technical support and grant funding to municipalities to promote the use of erosion control and maintenance techniques that save money while protecting and enhancing water quality around the State.
Linda Blasch, Tel: (802) 498-7216,
Western VT, VTrans D1, D3, D5, D8
January 24, 2017
The Vermont Agency of Transportation is pleased to announce the 20th year of funding to support projects on municipal roads that improve water quality and result in maintenance cost savings. The grant funds are provided by the VT Agency of Transportation. The Vermont Better Roads Program’s goal is to promote the use of erosion control and maintenance techniques that save money while protecting and enhancing Vermont’s lakes and streams. Funds, subject to availability, will be distributed as grants to municipalities to address town erosion problems.
- SFY 2017 Grant Award List
- SFY 2016 Grant Award List
- SFY 2015 Grant Award List
- SFY 2014 Grant Award List
- SFY2017 Municipal Invoicing Spreadsheet (Please include this form in your request for reimbursement)
- ROW Agreement for Entry (Please include this form in your request for reimbursement)
Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP) Resources
- 2018 Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
- 2015 Better Backroads Program Evaluation Report
- 2014 Better Backroads Report