On a continuous basis, we offer funding to help with the cost of classroom training to WOMEN and MINORITIES working in, or who have a strong interest in working in, the highway construction industry.
Eligible women and minorities will have the opportunity to take industry related classes for $25 per class! VTrans will pay the balance with funding from the Federal Highway Administration.
Complete an application and return it to Beth Meyer-Ehrich by email or mail.
- Comeplete our secure online application. Make sure you have the course information available before you start.
- Download our print-friendly application and send it in to us.
- Or contact Beth at (802) 828-2715 to receive a copy in the mail.
Once your application is reviewed, someone from the Office of Civil Rights will contact you.
Check out upcoming training opportunities by reading our EDHC Training Newsletter.
Industry related training can be found at:
- AGC Vermont
- New England Crane School
- OSHA Classroom Training
- OSHA Online Training
- The South End Joinery
- Vermont Adult Career & Technical Education Centers
- Vermont Technical College
- and more!
For the purpose of diversifying the workforce in highway construction, the term "minority" refers to women of any ethnicity and men of a racial or ethnic minority group. The program is funded by the Federal Highway Administration and is a direct result of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, for the purpose of advancing non-discrimination and creating equal opportunity.
For more information contact:
Civil Rights Program Manager
Tel: (802) 828-2715