******** LATEST NEWS ********
PHASE II STATEWIDE MEETING
IF YOU MISSED THE MEETING , WATCH THE RECORDING BY CLICKING HERE
Open Comment period from 12/1 to 12/16/2016.
WHEN: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
WHERE: In -person, at a Regional Planning Commission site nearest you or streaming on-line from anywhere
- IN PERSON at 1 National Life Drive, Davis Buiding 5th Floor Board Room
- Click here for Regional Planning Commission site location information.
- Attend from anywhere using the webinar link available here OR copy this link in your web browser https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/934719805
- Click here to view Webinar Instructions
- To View Public Meeting Presentation Click here
- Learn about the statewide VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan Phase II
- Review identified bicycle safety hotspots
- Learn about upcoming opportunities to provide feedback on what makes roads feel comfortable and to identify network gaps
Click here to view the flyer for download and spread the word!
The Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans) is developing an On-Road Bicycle Plan in support of enhancing on-road bicycle improvements on the State roads. The VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan is a planning effort to categorize the state roads into high-, moderate- and low-use/priority corridors based on current and potential bicycle use. The Plan will assist VTrans in understanding where to focus limited resources towards bicycle improvements and, allow better integration into Agency projects and activities.
On-Road Bicycle Plan Phase Overview
Plan Phase 1: DETERMINE USE on state roads using data and public input to create the VTrans Bicycle Corridor Priority Map. Priority corridors are state roads categorized into high-, moderate- and low-use based on current and potential bicycle use.
- Timeline - Concluded Phase I in April 2016, finalized report and VTrans Bicycle Corridor Priority Map
Plan Phase 2: EVALUATE NEEDS by identifying on-road bicycle facility gaps between project defined evaluation criteria and current roadway conditions for the high use/priority corridors and identify bicycle safety constraints on all state roads.
- Preliminary Timeline – September 2016 to September 2017
- September 2016 – Project Kick-Off Meeting with Steering Committee
- December 2016– 2nd Steering Committee Meeting and 1st Statewide Public Meeting using webinar format at each Regional Planning Commission
- December 2016/January 2017- Launch of on-line survey used for public input into the evaluation criteria used for the gap analysis
- February 2017 – close public comment period and project survey
- March 2017 – Launch interactive crowd sourcing tool (aka Wikimap)
- May 2017 - public comment period and WikiMap closed
- June/July 2017- 2nd Statewide public meeting
- September 2017 – Conclude Phase II
Plan Phase 3: IDENTIFY IMPROVEMENT STRATEGIES along high-use bicycle corridors and develop an implementation plan based on the results of Phase II.
- Timeline - TBD
Project Team Phase II
VTrans provides overall project management and day-to-day guidance to the consultant team with guidance from an internal working group and a stakeholder group. The consultant team assists in preparing the Plan in unison with public participation and the interactive project tools (on-line survey and WikiMap). The consultant team consists of Alta Planning + Design and Resource System Group (RSG).
Please direct all comments, concerns, and questions to:
Project Manager: Sommer Roefaro Bucossi at 802-828-3884
To provide written comment send mail to:
Agency of Transportation Policy and Planning
Attn: VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan
1 National Life Dr.
Montpelier, VT 05633