In March 2021 VTrans completed their Bicycle and Pedestrian Strategic Plan. The overall goal of the VTrans Bicycle and Pedestrian Strategic Plan (BPSP) is to identify strategies that will broaden the inclusion of bicycling and walking throughout VTrans projects and activities. Additionally, the BPSP:
Identifies key partnerships with external stakeholders that will result in improved conditions for bicycling and walking.
Assists VTrans in understanding where to focus limited resources towards bicycle and pedestrian improvements and allow better integration into Agency projects and activities.
Includes performance indicators that build upon two key outcomes of the VTrans On-Road Bicycle Plan Phase 1 (the VTrans Bicycle Corridor Priority Map) and Phase 2 (the Bicycle Level of Comfort (BLOC) map).
Useful Documents and Links
- VTrans Bicycle and Pedestrian Strategic Plan 2021
- Full Plan Including Appendices
- Executive Summary only
- Presentation to Partners and Stakeholders about the BPSP (5/25/2021) – Powerpoint and Video
- Presentation to VTrans Staff about the BPSP (5/27/2021) – Powerpoint
- VTrans On Road Bicycle Plan – including the Bicycle Level of Comfort Map and VTrans Bicycle Corridor Priority Map