The Vermont Agency of Transportation in conjunction with Engineers Construction, Inc. (ECI) will begin the signal upgrade project the week of April 19, 2021 with the installation of construction signage. This project includes the replacement of the existing span wire signals with new mast arm poles at six intersections on U.S. Route 7, from McIntosh Avenue north to Swift Street. The six intersections include McIntosh Avenue, Baldwin Avenue, Laurel Hill Road, Brewer Parkway, Queen City Park Road and Swift Street.
This upgrade includes the installation of new mast arm poles, signals, cabinets and controllers, preemption systems, stop bars with advanced vehicle detection, pedestrian signals, and other related items. During construction, we anticipate minimal impact on the traveling public as the majority of the work will be done during nighttime hours. Traffic control will be present with lane closures during working hours. The anticipated completion is November 2021.
- Directional underground drilling at the intersections of Baldwin Avenue, Laurel Hill Road and Brewer Parkway to install piping "sleeves" for electrical wires.
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, May 3, 2021:
- Directional underground drilling at the intersection of Swift Street to install piping "sleeves" for electrical wires.
- If time allows, Wednesday or Thursday directional underground drilling at the intersection of Queen City Park Road.
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, April 26, 2021 throughout the six locations:
- Work begins with contractor mobilization
- Location of underground utilities
The following is the anticipated work schedule for the week beginning Monday, April 19, 2021:
Monday through Friday:
- Installation of construction signs.
There should be little to no effect to the traveling public.