VTrans uses social media to interact with and inform the traveling public. Follow us on social media to see what we're working on and join the conversation.
Content Submission Form
Social Media Directory
From bridge designers and plow drivers to innovative planners and environmental specialists, the VTrans Facebook page features the everyday stories of our mission to provide a safe, reliable, and multimodal transportation system.
Follow us on Twitter @AOTVermont to keep up to date on all of the many exciting developments at VTrans and throughout the state.
Our Instagram channel features the best of VTrans in action with shots of cutting edge construction, scenic vistas from Aviation and Rail, and maintenance work from all corners of the State.
VTransTV lets viewers delve deeper into the innovative technologies and practices that the Agency uses to design, build, and maintain our diverse transportation system.
Flickr is a great place to view our extensive photo library dating all the way back to when AOT was simply the "Highway Department."
511 VT has its own Twitter feed to provide traffic updates and information on road conditions, closures, weather events, and more.
Social Media Policy
The State of Vermont, Agency of Transportation (VTrans) engages with the public through the social networking sites Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Flickr. Social media use by VTrans creates an opportunity for Vermonters of all ages to engage with VTrans and extend traditional channels for constituent service. The site also offers constituents with diverse views an opportunity to engage with each other as they might in a local Town Meeting or other governmental public meeting. Content and comments on this site will be moderated accordingly as set forth below.
VTrans welcomes engagement by the public on social media at any time. However, given the need to manage state resources and content moderation, responses should only be expected during regular State of Vermont business hours.
When engaging with VTrans through social media you agree to the terms of the VTrans Social Media Policy (Policy). VTrans may revise this Policy at any time, however we will provide notice of all Policy changes and identify the changes.
Further, when engaging with VTrans on our social media sites you are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host sites (Facebook: facebook.com/terms; Twitter: twitter.com/en/tos; Instagram: instagram.com/terms; YouTube: youtube.com/t/terms; Flickr: flickr.com/help/terms). Content (photos, videos, etc.) you share with or post to VTrans pages are subject to the TOS of the host site. VTrans is not responsible for limits that host sites may place on speech as a result of violations of the TOS. Content shared may be used by the owners of the host site for their own purposes according to the site-specific TOS. VTrans encourages the public to review host site TOS prior to engaging with our social media sites so they fully understand their rights.
User Generated Content
Constituents are encouraged to share comments and content on our social media sites. In order to ensure these forums remain venues Vermonters of all ages feel welcome to express diverse viewpoints and participate in democratic processes, content and comments shared should adhere to the standards outlined in this Policy and host site TOS, and should follow all copyright and trademark laws. VTrans reserves the right to “hide” or remove content or comments that contain:
- Profane or obscene language or content.
- Defamatory language.
- Content intended to sexually harass others.
- Threats of violence or to public safety.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public, including public systems, and infrastructure.
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the State, including State employees.
- Personal attacks on individuals with offensive content or language which targets race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability status.
- Content that includes information which is confidential or personally identifying by law, rule or regulation. For your protection, never post sensitive personally identifying information on social media.
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements for products, services, entities or individuals.
- Spam or links to malicious or harmful software.
- Content intended to impersonate another person or legitimate organization.
Customer Use Policy
Comments and content posted in our social media sites are reviewed by VTrans.
Content and comments on Twitter will not be edited or removed.
With respect to Facebook, VTrans does not discriminate based on viewpoint. Content and comments will not be edited, but we reserve the right to 1) block certain words from appearing on the site through the Facebook profanity filter which will “hide” user generated content or comments or 2) manually “hide” or remove user generated content or comments if they violate the criteria above. “Hidden” content or comments are available to the commenter and “friends” only. Removal of content and comments will be reserved for the most egregious violations of this Policy. Comments removed from our Facebook account will be documented and saved by VTrans and will be subject to the State of Vermont’s Public Records Act (PRA). No record is created when content or comments are automatically hidden by Facebook automated tools (such as the profanity filter), thus VTrans will be unable to provide records responsive to requests for this information. The list of words which are blocked from appearing on the site are available upon request made to VTrans. Express or implied threats of violence or to public safety may be referred to the Vermont State Police for investigation.
Individual accounts will not be blocked or banned. Accounts established as “bots” (automated accounts) or fake accounts (not associated with a verifiable specific individual or organization, such as parody accounts) will be blocked or banned.
- Liking and following an account, user or page by our social media accounts on third party sites does not equal an endorsement.
- Liking, commenting, or sharing specific content by our social media accounts does not equal an endorsement of the global third-party content.
- VTrans is not responsible for, nor can it control content on third-party sites.
- VTrans does not control nor guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information contained in external content or hypertext links linking to or from third-party websites.
- Third party content and links are not intended to reflect the opinion of VTrans.