The summer camp that takes you places!
Vermont's National Summer Transportation Institute (NSTI) is a fun, interactive, FREE program held on the campus of Vermont Technical College (VTC) for students entering 7th through 12th grade next fall. The program provides middle school and high school students with a hands-on exploration of future careers in transportation through awareness of complex transportation systems we use every day. Interactive labs, field trips and guest speakers will engage the students as they explore drones, heavy equipment, visit construction projects, and learn how bridges are designed and created. Exploring energy, the environment and eco-friendly transportation systems gives focus to how Math, Science, and English all relate to transportation careers. The NSTI is sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Transportation and funded through a grant from the Federal Highway Administration. It is completely free of charge to all participants.
- A hands-on exploration of transportation systems
- Exploring career opportunities and developing new skills
- Extensive field trips to sites throughout Vermont;
- On-campus living and learning experience for high school students and day camp experience for middle school students;
- Qualified instructors and counselors oversee all aspects of curriculum and campus life;
- Group and independent exploration and learning.
Students get a taste of the college experience, in the classroom, on the campus, on field trips, and with transportation professionals and professors each day.
Learn more and to register now visit: VT National Summer Transportation Institute
It is the policy of the VT NSTI program to encourage applications from students of diverse backgrounds. The broad range of interests and abilities of our participants promotes a rich multicultural experience for our students.
For More Information Contact:
Many of the forms contained on this webpage are only available electronically in PDF format. In order to view and/or print PDF documents, you must have Acrobat Reader installed. To obtain the Acrobat Reader go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/. After installing Adobe Reader click on the link and wait for the form or poster to load into the viewer.
Are you an accredited institution of higher education interested in hosting the 2023-2024 National Summer Transportation Institute? We would love to receive an application from you! Please read the Request for Grant document below for more information and application instructions. Host Site applications are due on October 11, 2022.
- Request for Grant Applications NSTI 2023 - 2024
- 2023 NSTI SOW Application Form
- FY23 NSTI Proposal Application Workbook Tables A-E
- National Summer Transportation Institute Program Desk Reference
- Attachment C Standard State Porvisions for Contracts and Grants
If you have questions after reviewing the above documents, please contact And Morse.