Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ)
What is IDIQ?
- IDIQ is a two-stage process:
- In IDIQ, the State is divided into four regions, and types of work are divided into distinct scopes. Contractors may choose the regions and scopes for which they apply.
- Current scopes of work include Paving, Surface Treatment, Bridge, Large Culvert, Right-of-Way Clearance and Roadway Repair, Slopes & Small Culverts.
- In awarding Primary Contracts, a Vermont Agency of Transportation selection committee gauges the qualifications of each contractor, and may award all, or only some, of the regions or scopes requested by that contractor.
- When opportunities arise for specific tasks, all Primary Contract holders that were awarded the scope of work and region connected with a particular task will receive an opportunity to bid on that task.
- Tasks are awarded to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder.
- How do I get a Primary Contract to allow me to bid on IDIQ task bid request?
- RFPs IQ001 and a secondary “On-Ramp” IQ002 have already been issued & awarded for contractors looking to be included in the pool of primary contractors.
- RFPs for either additional contractors or additional scopes of work will be posted periodically on an as-needed basis. RFP information will be posted here.
- RFPs and Addendum(s) will be posted on the Vermont Agency of Transportation Contract Administration website.
- IT IS THE BIDDER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK FOR UPCOMING RFPs AND OBTAIN ANY RFP ADDENDUM(S) ISSUED. Contract Administration claims no responsibility to contact potential bidders regarding RFPs or Addendums.
- Because eligibility to bid on tasks is limited to contractors that have received a Primary Contract, who will receive invitations to bid on that task, task opportunities are not advertised at-large. Bid results from tasks that have already been awarded can be found here.