The sequence for completing an entire paper crash report is as follows:
- Enter data relevant to Page 1 beginning with “Incident Number.”
- Use Overlay 1 labeled “Environmental and Roadway Conditions” to enter information into the unshaded boxes on Page 1.
- Use Overlay 2 labeled “Additional Operator Information” to enter information into the shaded boxes on Page 1.
- Go to Page 3 as applicable beginning with the second section, “Additional Operator Information”, and continuing to the end of the page.
- Complete the “Commercial Vehicle” section of Page 3 and “Commercial Vehicles Only” section of Overlay 2, if relevant to the crash.
- Remove the two colored NCR copies of Page 1 from the pad and give a copy to each operator.
- If necessary, complete Page 2, “Crash Narrative.”
- If necessary, complete Page 4, “Crash Diagram.”
NOTE: Minimum data requirements when using the Web Crash tool are provided in Appendix A.