The Vermont Better Roads Program provides technical support and grant funding to municipalities to promote the use of erosion control and maintenance techniques that save money while protecting and enhancing water quality around the State.
Tel: (802) 498-7216
Tel: (802) 828-4585
SFY 2020 Grant Announcement
The Vermont Agency of Transportation is pleased to announce the 22nd year of funding to support projects on municipal roads that improve water quality and result in maintenance cost savings. The Vermont Better Roads Program’s goal is to promote the use of Best Management Practices for erosion control and maintenance techniques that save money while protecting and enhancing Vermont’s lakes and streams.
Applications for funding will be accepted until October 26, 2018. To download a copy of the application see link below.
VTrans Municipal Assistance Bureau
Application Materials (New)
- SFY 2019 Grant Award List
- SFY 2018 Grant Award List
- SFY 2017 Grant Award List
- SFY 2016 Grant Award List
- SFY 2015 Grant Award List
- SFY 2014 Grant Award List
- Municipal Invoicing Spreadsheet (Please include this form in your request for reimbursement)
- ROW Agreement for Entry
Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP) Resources
- 2018 Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
- 2015 Better Backroads Program Evaluation Report
- 2014 Better Backroads Report