The Vermont Better Roads Program provides technical support and grant funding to municipalities to promote the use of erosion control and maintenance techniques that save money while protecting and enhancing water quality around the State.
Alan May Joel Perrigo
SFY2021 Vermont Better Roads Grant Program
The Vermont Agency of Transportation is pleased to announce the 23rd year of funding to support the Vermont Better Roads Program. The goal of this grant program is to promote the use of Best Management Practices for erosion control and maintenance techniques along municipal roads that save money while protecting and enhancing Vermont’s lakes and streams.
Please note that the application and scoring of this year’s Better Roads Program have been revised to better align with the program goals and that of the State’s Clean Water Act (Act 64), as well as the recently issued Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP). In an effort to prioritize funding for projects that are providing significant water quality improvements this year applicants must indicate whether or not the projects that they intend to construct will be in full compliance with the MRGP. Please see application and scoring sheet for more information. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Better Roads staff.
Applications for funding will be accepted until November 22, 2019.
For questions contact:
VTrans Municipal Assistance Bureau
Previous Grant Awards
- SFY 2020 Grant Award List
- SFY 2019 Grant Award List
- SFY 2018 Grant Award List
- SFY 2017 Grant Award List
- SFY 2016 Grant Award List
- SFY 2015 Grant Award List
- SFY 2014 Grant Award List
- Municipal Invoicing Spreadsheet (Please include this form in your request for reimbursement)
- ROW Agreement for Entry
Municipal Roads General Permit (MRGP) Resources
- 2018 Workshop PowerPoint Presentation
- 2015 Better Backroads Program Evaluation Report
- 2014 Better Backroads Report