The CADD Support section utilizes applicable training, documentation, and support to maximize the Agency's investment in technology and improve the design workflow.
- Troubleshoots user problems including gathering information to be used in the analysis of the problem followed by documentation of finding and proposed solution. Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Provides technical assistance with all CADD and Engineering related applications and related questions.
- Conducts training of professional and technical staff in the evaluation and use of CADD applications utilizing MicroStation, InRoads and Iplot as well as the use of various operating systems.
- Maintains system libraries for CADD. (i.e. cells, linestyles, color tables, pen tables, forms, seeds, etc.).
- Creates and updates the VTrans preference and configuration files for select CADD software.
- Evaluates hardware and software to determine benefit and impact of implementation.
- Work with industry 'beta teams' to review and test pre-certified software to allow direct input back to the developer; resulting in a more complete software release.
- Creates specialized computer macros and programs utilizing MicroStation Basic and Visual Basic.
- Maintains the directory and file structure for Technical Services and CADD Support page on the VTrans web site. Collects and writes documentation for Technical Services Web Page. Maintains documentation on CADD procedures and updates the VTransweb site with changes.